Saturday 17 May 2014

Back to basics

I will always wonder if dresses will go back to basics. When I see a dress I love I get cold chills, I see the way I will wear my hair and my makeup with that dress. Where I will wear it and the places that It will go. Sort of like the sister hood of the travelling pants..but with a dress. Yes that magic dress. There you are It's just in reach. You pick it up, the material silky and playful. The front Is beautiful and you hold It up against yourself and maybe do a graceful twirl. Then you turn It around (maybe before that you check the price tag If there Is not too much visual excitement) and whats that? Here we go again. A massive huge ugly hole on the back. Nooo your dreams are shattered..that dress! That print! That shape. It would have been perfect.  But now you have to go buy a stick on bra thats going to fall down the front of your dress half way through mid dance. Ughh. Or maybe think well I could just not wear a bra at all but then you have to wear these little nipple stickers and there is not a whole lot else going on. ohh and that spot on my back well thats a whole other kettle of fish. Never mind the fake tan streaks from where your hands can't quite reach. I am not against a nice slit or backless dress don't get me wrong! I have many a halter neck! However I just feel that any tom dick or harry dress is getting the backless treatment these days. And I just think It's plain lazy. When I buy that dress of my dreams with that oh so hefty price tag I would like It to be a whole dress. Just back to basics, pardon the pun.

No comments:

Post a Comment